High Performance HINGED Door
Series 548 High Performance hinged doors can be configured as single or double doors. When used in a double door application, a true rebated meeting style is used for a flush appearance. Doors are designed to accept high quality architectural hardware and glass thicknesses up to 20mm.
- Hinged doors unlike sliding doors are not included in the current Australian Standard AS2047 and many manufacturers take advantage and do not test them. But this will not console any customer when water floods across their expensive carpeted floors. The solution would be to tile the floor behind the hinged door and supply thehome owner with a mop and bucket or preferably fit a Vantage Series548 external swing hinged door which has been successfully tested to 300Pa water resistance and the internal swing door to 150Pa. By doing this these two water ratings would allow you to install these doors in exposed locations. We also offer lowline sills for high traffic areas.
- The Vantage Series 548 Hinged door features an unusual design embellishment – extra wide top and bottom rails that give the door the chunky appearance of traditional timber designs. This strength of appearance is also backed up by true structural integrity. Vantage Series 548 doors feature a thoughtful but invisible innovation – specially designed backing plates at the four corner joints of the door to make sure that the door stays rigid and square. Compare our door with others available and you will see what we mean about strength and rigidity.
- Rebated door stiles give a flush appearance when the two doors meet and provide superior weather protection. Unsightly applied rebates are eliminated.
- Concealed lock keeper specially designed to fit in the cavity on the leading edge of the “lazy side” door and eliminates unsightly holes milled in the aluminium for latch and lock bolt. This recessed keeper plus the rebated stile makes it extremely difficult for intruders to access the latch and bolt for forced entry.
- Doors can be supplied with standard or multi point lever lock installed in the door stile or with a tulip knob lock placed in a door chair rail.