Residential Double Hung Window
Mirroring traditional solid timber windows in appearance, the 514 double hung window offers classic style with the functional benefits of the aluminium. Some of the practical features of these windows are that htey do not protrude over decks or walkways and are a superb window for ventilation.
- Successfully tested for compliance with AS 2047.
- Optional mullion and transom strengths cover a large variety of design wind load areas.
- Finger grip built into the top and bottom sash rails.
- The same frame can be used for double-hung or fixed sidelights in standard wrap around glazing or individually glazed federation sashes.
- Sashes will bypass each other to allow cleaning of all glass from inside the building.
- Series 514 double-hung sashes can be secured with our custom designed cam lock or industry standard crescent type lock. Both versions come in key and non-key locking. For a small extra cost the locks can be colour matched to the window frame.
- Sashes run on spring balances with adjustable shoes.
- Heavy duty interlocking meeting rails.
- Sash support shoe is recessed up into the external meeting rail and the bottom rail to reduce the chance of shoe damage. This is particularly relevant when the top sash is fully opened and strikes the sash stop (basically the side rails hit the stops not the shoes).
- Fixed sill has built-in drainage to take care of condensation.
- Fixed glass is hard up against the outer face, no ledges to catch dust and beaded from the inside, this allows reglazing without expensive scaffolding.
- We have an extensive range of snap couplers for this window, 90°, 135° and 180° that allow the window to be coupled to window or doors without unsightly rivets & screws